Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Post-Game Interviews

Here's some of the post-game reaction to the Klippers' 8-3 victory over Battlefords in the annual rookie game tonight. The interviews are with guys who (in my opinion) have been two of the most impressive players in camp. The first is '93 defenceman Cody Thiel, who scored twice tonight and who I feel has an excellent shot at making this team. I had never talked to him until tonight and he seems like a really nice kid, very humble and deferential. The second is Pearce Gourley, who's looked good for the second straight camp. He's making a strong case to join the team as a big, physical two-way winger.

I'll have another post up soon with Larry Wintoneak passing along some info, including a botched trade for a 20-year-old defenceman.







2 comments:

  1. I'm A North Stars fan and attended the game last night and have kept my eye on a few of these kids over the years. The kindersley squad looked alot older and stronger than the Stars but the one boy who I still think Battleford let get away is Brett Penner strong forward, sees the ice well suprised to see him playing center did a good job though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thing I enjoy about your blog is you are actually up to date and the poster here can actually be anonymous, Dan is too scared to be trashed to be anon and his coverage is VERY spotty.

    ReplyDelete