Friday, September 10, 2010

Never let it be said...

...that Larry Wintoneak doesn't say much.

I just met with the coach for my annual Klippers season preview. We often spend over an hour at Tim Hortons when we meet for interviews, but I think this one set a new record.

Let's just say the interview itself lasted 40 minutes, 26 seconds - and that's just what's on the tape.

Larry talked about how excruciating the decisions will be up front, addressed the current blueline situation and had some strong words for critics of his team's goaltending, among many, many other things.

I'll try to get some of this up in a while, but I'm guessing it'll take me until next year's playoffs to transcribe this stuff and organize it...

For now, here are the players still on the 27-man roster. Eighteen of them are forwards.

Forwards
Dommett - Calkins - Adamyk
Duzan - Hoffman - Mysiorek
Gourley - King - Exner
Benn - Taylor - Wasden
Gerwing - Penner - Kissick
Olson - Bosovich - Long

Larry says he'll start with 14 forwards. I don't envy him one bit, trying to decide which four kids to let go.

Defencemen
Leedahl - Flanagan
Tabin - Sonntag
Down - Bartel
Thiel

Goalies
Hellyer
McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment