Friday, September 10, 2010

Big words from Estevan coach

In the audio section of the SJHL website, you'll find a new interview with Estevan Bruins coach Karry Biette talking about his team's chances going into the season. I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing, but the last thing he said was:

"Fire me by Christmas if we're not in the top three."


Ballsy.

I think the B's have a great chance of being there - but it's still a gutsy thing to say.

*****************************************

Elsewhere in the SJ, the Yorkton Terriers have acquired 19-year-old defenceman Troy Dumais from the Sioux Lookout Flyers of the Superior International junior league. According to Craig Stein's blog, he's a big kid at 6'3" who produced 14 points in 51 games last year.

I know nothing else about him, but any help is good help for a Yorkton blueline that just lost Clark Byczynski and Austin Bourhis.

*****************************************

I'm pretty busy at work today writing Klipper stuff for next week, including a feature on the Johnny Calkins line, and football stuff.

By the way, I wrote a story on the Calkins line last season, just before Christmas. We did the interview in Humboldt a couple hours before a Klipper win, and I took some abuse from Larry due to his rule of not interviewing players after 2:30 on a game day, which I had never been told about. The wires got crossed somewhere and the damn thing never even ran in the paper.

This is a funny business. Some days you don't want to stop, other days you don't want to stop drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment