Monday, November 29, 2010

Roster trimming on the way

It's a hectic day for me but I do have a few seconds for a quick blog post. I talked briefly with Larry Wintoneak earlier this afternoon and he said he's in the middle of figuring out how to trim the roster.

Keep in mind, the Klippers now have 10 20-year-olds with the acquisition of Sean Cahill. Only nine can be dressed in a Junior A game (you'll notice Cody Lund was scratched Friday and Alex Peck wasn't on the game sheet Saturday). With two 20-year-old goalies, you'd have to think Peck's days are numbered, but you never know.

Speaking of Cahill, I know that in some cases, if a guy plays a game after his 21st birthday he loses a year of NCAA eligibility. But it seems that may only be true if the player hasn't committed to a school at the time. Cahill's birthday is March 15, and if this rule applies to him, he would not be able to play after that without losing a year. I've been told it doesn't apply to him, but I'll clarify this when I talk to Larry later today.

How 'bout them Riders? Too bad, so sad. The last two Grey Cups make me happy I was only cheering for the Riders because I hate Montreal.

2 comments:

  1. Lewis you should be sad the riders lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad the Als won... does that count?

    ReplyDelete