Friday, November 26, 2010

Klippers acquire another goalie; not done yet

UPDATE: The Klippers have acquired yet another goaltender, Sean Cahill, who played for the Okotoks Oilers last season. It looks like he was dealt to the Brooks Bandits in the off-season but there are no records of him having played this year.

Cahill is a 20-year-old Calgary native. What this means for Alex Peck is anyone's guess.

Nickel will go to the Fernie Ghostriders of the KIJHL to try to crack that squad.

When asked if this development was related to a Brett Penner trade, Larry Wintoneak said "We hope so." It sounds like he isn't done.

Sorry for the second blog post on this, but Google won't let me sign into the blog, so I had to post this via email.

More info on Sean Cahill:

He went 22-8-3, 2.66, .911 with two shutouts in 36 games for Okotoks last year. He was traded to Brooks Bandits in the off-season but it appears he did not report. Just 10 days ago, his rights were dealt to the Quesnel Millionaires of the BCHL for two forwards. I have been told he did not report there and so his rights became available.

Cahill, who played for Rockie Zinger in Okotoks, was one of three runner-ups for last year's AJHL top goalie award. He already has a scholarship to Alaska-Fairbanks.

Sounds like an accomplished netminder.

UPDATE #2: Just heard from Dusty Nickel and thought I'd share his comments about his brief time in Kindersley.

"I really enjoyed my time with the Klippers," he said. "I had a lot of fun and it was one of my best hockey experiences and I wish it would have lasted longer."

He said he is not heading to Fernie right away, but has talked to the coach there and will keep his options open as for his next move.

3 comments:

  1. He also went 0-7 to start this season................ Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. team played very undisciplined during his time in brooks. many players and head coach suspended for multiple games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw both games this weekend and I thought Cahill played very well especially in Melville. If it werent for the Terriers VanDanes 2 bullet shots the game was pretty close. I think Cahill is a defintite keeper. That has to be a very disappointing loss in Melville though! The Klippers were all over Melville for 2 periods.

    ReplyDelete