Saturday, September 4, 2010

Training camp - Day 2

"This is the greatest thing about sports. You play to win the game....Hello? You play to win the game! You don't play it to just play it. That's the great thing about sports. You play to win. I don't care if you don't have any wins, you go play to win. When you start tellin' me it doesn't matter, then retire. Get out. 'Cause it matters."

Wonder if Larry pulls out something like this over the weekend?

(If you still don't know what this is about, go educate yourself.)

The second intra-squad game in Eston was this morning. I'm heading down to the Complex in a couple of hours to catch the third game (6 p.m.) so I'll have that info then. I'll try to live blog tonight's game, but I've had issues with the wireless in Eston before, so no promises.

UPDATE: If there's nothing on here by 6:30 or so, head on over to my twitter, where I'll be posting updates from my phone.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the two young tenders tonight, McDonald and Johnson. Nick Eliason will be another one to watch, now that we know the Klippers are so high on him. '94 forward Jesse Shofner is another interesting case... he's been at camp the last two years (last year as a 15-year-old) and, in Larry's words, "he's going to play for this team" at some point, most likely next year.

Eliason and Shofner both scored clutch goals in last year's midget AAA playoffs. In Game 1 of a semifinal series between the Contacts and Beardy's, Eliason scored the winner at 8:58 of double OT. Shofner, at only 15, was called up during the semis by PA and scored a goal against Notre Dame (that one also went to double OT).

No comments:

Post a Comment