Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 1 notes

I was originally planning to go to Eston tonight for the first intrasquad game of Klippers camp. Something came up this afternoon and in the end, I wasn't able to go down, which was a real bummer since I was really looking forward to this.

As a result, I don't have much from the first day of camp, but I did talk to Johnny Calkins tonight and he gave me some details on the game.

-Team Shea (black) won the game
-the Dommett-Calkins-Adamyk line scored four goals in a losing cause; two from Dommer
-the fourth goalie invited to camp, '92 Webb (his first name escapes me at the moment... Corey, I think), wasn't there. So the three other tenders played two periods each.
-Nick Eliason is back from Moose Jaw camp and played tonight. With the Klippers only having four returning defencemen, and Brett Blatz not coming, Eliason is all but guaranteed a spot. He was pencilled in with Sonntag tonight.

This was the roster for the winning Shea side. There are still a handful of guys who I don't have first names for... I'll fill those in over the course of the weekend.

Jesse Mysiorek - Jordon Hoffman - Taylor Duzan
Riley Down - Sanfred King - Tanner Exner
Pearce Gourley - Brett Penner - Tanner Kissick ('93 Kerrobert
Tanner Tyndall ('93) - Jesse Shofner ('94)

John Sonntag - Nick Eliason
Lance Tabin - Eric Webb ('93)

Scott Hellyer

For Team Perkins, wearing white:

Andrew Dommett - Johnny Calkins - Braeden Adamyk
Beau Taylor - Ryan Benn - Taylor Wasden
Kiley Long - Justin Gerwing - Austin McDonald ('93)
Jeff Olson ('93 from Kindersley) - Daniels ('94)

Sean Flanagan - Kurt Leedahl
Cody Thiel ('93) - Bartel ('92 - this kid looked great at summer camp, I just can't remember his name)
Howell ('94)

Justin McDonald/Patrick Johnson

2 comments:

  1. I think the 93 McDonald is Austin, Justins younger brother very offensivly gifted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info. I looked him up and you're right. I sure hope the midget listing on him is out of date - 5'7, 125?????

    ReplyDelete