Monday, December 13, 2010

Another BCHL addition, this time up front

As expected, the Klippers have added another forward to bring their number up to 14 after the departure of Tanner Exner.

Ryan Elliot is an 18-year-old forward who last played with the Powell River Kings of the BCHL, where he had one goal in 21 games so far this season.

Elliot arrived in town yesterday, just in time for the annual Christmas party. The Stonewall, Man., native should give the Klippers some added depth should injuries strike, although I would not bet on him getting into many games while everyone is healthy.

Elliot had been dealt to the Winnipeg South Blues about two weeks ago after Powell River brought in Justin Bardarson from Melfort.

I was planning to get this up last night, but after the Christmas party I headed to a Red Lions game and was pretty tired out afterward.

*********************************

Speaking of the Christmas party, it was a pretty good time. My bowling team got saddled with Wasden, Benn and Rogers but we tried to make the most of it. We had a great meal at the curling club after bowling.

A few tidbits...

  • D Jay McGrath is a quitter
  • Taylor Wasden is surprisingly good at bowling
  • Casey Rogers proved that Americans have to do everything by force (I am surprised he didn't do any actual damage)
  • D Jay McGrath is a quitter
  • Ryan Benn and Jesse Mysiorek, like me, are big Michael Vick fans
  • Bowling was pretty good to stickboy Ryley Kennedy. He did pretty well on our team, and then he took home a turkey when he won the turkey bowling contest at the Red Lions game
  • D Jay McGrath is a quitter
**********************************

On the topic of Michael Vick, he and the Eagles put me in great position in my playoff match-up this week. I was down 12 points heading into last night, but thanks mostly to Vick and David Akers (and despite Jeremy Maclin doing absolutely nothing), I'm up 32 now heading into the Monday nighter.

I have Adrian Peterson tonight and the other guy has Joe Flacco, so I'm pretty sure I can hang on and move into the semis.

And speaking of football, did you hear about the roof collapse at the Metrodome? Fox left a camera inside trained on the roof overnight, in case this happened. Just spectacular footage. The Vikings and Giants are now playing tonight at Ford Field in Detroit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment