Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Interesting tidbit to start the day...

This has nothing to do with the Klippers, but it is related to the blog, in a way.

Since I started the blog in late August, I've been getting semi-regular visits from someone in the Netherlands Antilles, a tiny group of islands just off the coast of Venezuela. Not sure who it is (feel free to leave a comment) but I found it interesting.

I knew the place existed, but I never really heard anything about it in the news. Until now.

I saw this from the BBC this morning:

"The Dutch Caribbean dependency the Netherlands Antilles has ceased to exist with a change of the five islands' constitutional status.

Curacao and St Maarten have become autonomous countries within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, joining Aruba, which gained the status in 1986.

Bonaire, St Eustatius and Saba are now autonomous special municipalities of the kingdom.

The Netherlands retains responsibility for defence and foreign policy."

Sorry for the diversion. I'm an international politics junkie and I have to let that side of me out every now and then.

**********************************

A few photos from practice today. Down, King, Wasden and Sonntag ganged up on Gerwing near the end. Poor guy.


"I'm %@#$# freezing"

Sonntag and Calkins have something they want to let the rest of us know about?

back for more



*********************************************

By request, here's an interview with Klipper goalie Justin McDonald after Saturday's loss to La Ronge, his first SJHL start.


3 comments:

  1. any chance of getting that interview with Justin McDonald up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I can put that up tonight. I'll add it to this post. Sort of slipped through the cracks as I was eating turkey on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's safe for Sonny and Calks to tell their folks now......

    ReplyDelete