Saturday, September 25, 2010

Back up and running

If you tried to visit the blog earlier today, you probably got a message saying it had been removed.

To my disbelief, I got that same message just after lunch when I came to the site. My first thought was maybe I had violated the Blogger terms of use in some way, but I couldn't remember anything like that. Finally I decided to log into my Blogger account and try to reach the blog from my dashboard.

I got a message saying there had been "suspicious activity" in my account and that I had to verify that it was actually me. The only option was to have Google make an automated phone call with a code that I had to enter on the site. A few minutes later and voila, blog was up again.

My guess is someone hacked my account and Blogger shut down my blog as a precaution. From looking at my logs, there were no visits between 1:03 a.m. and 1:46 p.m., when the site was re-activated.

I'd like to know what the suspicious activity was.

********************************

On a happier note, the local celebrities pulled off a comeback to defeat the Klippers 12-10 yesterday on Main St. We were down 10-9 late in the game but managed to tie things up. Then Brenden Ullrich scored the go-ahead goal (I think Justin Gerwing was in goal at that point) and we added a last-second empty netter to seal our second straight Goose Festival win. I managed two or three assists despite playing with a right-handed twig.

We couldn't have done it without a phenomenal performance from our young goaltender Tristin McBain, who made some unbelievable point-blank stops.

1 comment:

  1. Thank God!!! I thought I did or said something that got me kicked off too.

    ReplyDelete