Friday, August 27, 2010

Small world, ain't it?

This isn't Klipper-related, but I have to mention it.

The Notre Dame Hounds have hired a new assistant coach. His name is Connor Cameron, and he's originally from Kinkora, PEI, about 15 minutes from where I grew up.

Connor was a forward with the UPEI Panthers when I covered that team for a couple years before moving out here. I once wrote a feature on him after he had surgery to repair a hip injury and it went horribly wrong, crushing a nerve connected to his leg and forcing him out of hockey for two years. He'd be about 24 now, I think.

It's not surprising, considering the Hounds' new head coach, Kevin White, starred at UPEI years ago. Connor's father, Dave Cameron, is the head coach of Canada's world junior team this year and also played in the NHL.

I'll be sure to track these guys down Dec. 9 when Notre Dame makes their first visit to Kindersley.

No comments:

Post a Comment