Friday, January 7, 2011

Big news out of Yorkton

I'm going to let Craig Stein break this story since he's been waiting for the green light since yesterday, but I can confirm the Yorkton Terriers have swung a blockbuster trade within the SJHL.

Yorkton adds some elite talent with this deal. Hopefully the news will come out soon. I know Rockie Zinger said earlier this week there would be no reactionary moves, but I find it hard to believe the Klippers don't try to do something in response to this, and I'm thinking specifically of a stalwart defenceman.

Meanwhile, keep an eye on Braeden Johnson and whether the Blades include him in any kind of trade (maybe for B. Schenn as rumoured). Johnson has apparently said he will come to the Klippers if he gets moved elsewhere in the WHL. Imagine adding his talent to this current group?

Update


The news is official now. Yorkton lands top forwards Justin Buzzeo and Jeremy Boyer from the Humboldt Broncos for future considerations. From what I have heard, the futures are massive (no surprise there) and will give Humboldt lots of offensive punch next season in their bid for the RBC.

Your move, Klippers?

1 comment: