Monday, November 8, 2010

Klippers' slide continues

You gotta wonder how long a team this talented can keep losing.

I didn't see either game on the weekend, but Wednesday's win over the Stars gave me reason to think the slump may have been over. Obviously, I was wrong.

After losses in Nipawin and La Ronge, the Klippers (9-10-1) have fallen below .500 for the first time this season. They certainly don't look anything like the team they're capable of being.

The Wolves swept the season series with Saturday's 6-1 win. That boggles my mind, especially after the events of Sept. 19. I know Andrew Dommett would have loved to see his team pull out a win over La Ronge.

Look, I know the Wolves are a talented team. They have a ton of firepower, a solid defence and a goalie who gives them a chance every night in Adam Bartko. But they aren't that much better than the Klippers.

But on to this week's homestand, and there's nowhere to go but up.

The Klippers host Nipawin tomorrow and then the Melville Millionaires come to town Thursday and Saturday.

I'll be talking to Rockie Zinger later this afternoon. After that happens I'll have his thoughts on the weekend losses and new goalie Dusty Nickel.

No comments:

Post a Comment