Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lots of news today

Obviously there is a lot of stuff happening in Klipperland today. I'm still trying to arrange a chat with Larry Wintoneak, but for now, head over to Brenden Ullrich's blog, he's got the info on the developments that have taken place.

To sum it up:

-Scott Hellyer has left the team - details on that are not clear at this point
-Beau Taylor and Pearce Gourley have reportedly been traded in a deal that is still being finalized
-Team has finally found an assistant coach - Rocky Zinger, fresh off a stint as interim head coach of the Okotoks Oilers

Today was a SWHL day for me. I spent most of the day tracking down various senior hockey coaches to do season previews, and this news came as quite a surprise.

UPDATE: Pearce Gourley says Larry has not completed a deal, and he doesn't know if he will be traded.


Gourley said it's "still in the works."


I have managed to confirm that Beau Taylor has been shipped out, but not where or any other details.

UPDATE #2: I am now hearing strong rumblings from team sources that Brett Penner has quit as well. That is not confirmed. The more I try to unravel all this stuff, the more my head spins. I have not heard back from Larry Wintoneak. Rest assured that when I know more you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment