Monday, October 25, 2010

Flanagan makes Canada West roster

Great news for Sean Flanagan.

Hockey Canada announced the Team West roster this afternoon and the 18-year-old Klippers defenceman made the cut.

Yorkton's Clarke Breitkreuz and Weyburn's Drew George were the other SJHL players to crack the roster - although the roster on the HC website has Flanagan listed as playing for Kindersley (BCHL). That league has enough kids on the team without giving it credit for SJ kids, I think.

Four of the seven defencemen are from the Camrose Kodiaks, who host the RBC this year.

See the full roster here.

I talked to Sean a few minutes ago and he called it "definitely the most honourable thing I've ever been asked to be a part of."

I'll get the audio up after supper tonight.

Also, I'll be speaking with Larry Wintoneak in about an hour about the off-ice events that took place last week as well as the weekend split in Melfort and Nipawin. I'll try to get that up tonight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment